A Comforting Place to Say Goodbye
Saying goodbye to a beloved pet is a very difficult experience. We take great care to create a comforting atmosphere and ensure a peaceful passing. Our comfort room is designed to give you a homelike setting where you can spend these last special moments with your pet. Our comfort room feels like home. You can take your time saying goodbye and enter and leave through a private door.
Resources for a Difficult Time
Learn more about euthanasia and grief support using these resources.
- Memorials, Keepsakes and Urns
- How do I know when it’s time?
- Grief and Mourning the Loss of a Pet
- Pet loss support page
- ASPCA end-of-life care
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Understanding Suicide After Loss (NAMI)
- FamilyMeans of Stillwater
- Helping children deal with the loss of a pet
- Is it too early to bring home a new pet?
- Animal Emergency Clinic (Oakdale) Pet Loss Support Group
“I highly recommend Rivertown Animal Hospital. Their staff helped us though the very hard times for having to put our family dog down. Thank you so much for being so considerate though these hard times.”