Regular exams catch problems early and keep your pet healthy
We work with you to determine the best care for your pet:
- An annual or semi-annual exam is needed for all pets to detect health concerns before they become a problem and to diagnose painful conditions such as arthritis and dental disease, which are often undetected by pet owners
- Vaccinations are tailored to your pet’s risk factors
- Heartworm, intestinal parasite, and flea and tick prevention provide year-round protection
- Annual dental exam and evaluation, with dental cleaning as recommended based on the exam
- Breed assessment: Each breed has its own potential health issues. We work with you to evaluate your pet and help prevent and manage your concerns. Learn more about breed-related disease
- Spaying or neutering your pet may significantly benefit their health and should be discussed with your veterinarian
Age related health issues
Disease can happen at any age. Puppies and kittens are susceptible to parasites, congenital disease, gastrointestinal problems, accidents and food-related indiscretions. Tick and parasite diagnosis and prevention is important at any age.
Aging pets develop a variety of health problems, such as allergies, cancer and other issues that cause significant pain. Semi-annual exams can reduce needless suffering and extend the quality of life of your pet.
Rivertown is Gold-Certified to serve the special needs of cats
Cats are skilled at hiding health issues and pain. Our mission is to keep your cat healthy and happy for life. Preventive care examinations for cats should occur at least once a year and more frequently for senior cats and cats with chronic conditions.
Let us help you assess your pet’s nutritional needs
What we feed our pets is an important part of maintaining health. Each pet has unique needs based on species (cat or dog), age, breed and lifestyle. Obesity is a major health issue for dogs and cats. We assess your pet’s nutritional needs based on age, weight and medical requirements. Let us help you assess your pet’s nutritional needs.
Learn more about nutrition
Visit our Helpful Links Page to learn more about nutrition and therapeutic diets available at Rivertown.
I have had many dogs over the years and have used many different veterinary clinics. None compare with the professional service and outstanding staff at Rivertown Animal Hospital.Tim Rehberger